Translate

Saturday, June 22, 2013

Collaborative Book about Pets

Young learners
Pets
1 iPad
Keynote


The culminating activity in the unit is a letter students should write in reply to a child in a foreign country telling her about their pets. Students got photos from their own devices, brought from home, or drew their pets. They wrote a letter individually, I corrected them and had students working on their mistakes. I displayed all the posters on the wall and took pictures. I made a keynote presentation with all the pictures and conducted a debriefing activity in the following class. I was very happy to see how engaged they all were and how much they were interested in reading the letters and seeing all the pictures. Parents were happy to see the results and realize how much the children could read in English. I used the book as a way to review the language points before the test.

No comments:

Post a Comment